The List Manager (maternity cover) will be responsible for product management of print and digital products and new editions across print and digital resources, solutions and products across the Business & Economics HE List.
- Manage the portfolio of frontlist and backlist products within the Business & Economics HE List to be in line with the HE publishing strategy and to appropriate publishing cycles.
- Maintain close and effective contact with all authors and contributors, recruiting additional ones where appropriate and needed.
- Undertake market research by creating and testing specific product plans with users and non-users and then briefing authors and content writers accordingly.
- Understand key market needs of the list through market research and close liaison with the market place – authors, customers and key stakeholders and through liaison with the sales and marketing function at Cengage EMEA.
- Understand and develop an in-depth knowledge of competitor products both print and digital.
- Keep abreast of key trends in Higher Education in relation to the list through researching and reading education and market reports, policies, and survey data.
- In conjunction with the Higher and Vocational Education Publisher, develop strategy for the list, actively exploring appropriate new market segments, product opportunities and partnerships in line with the overall Higher Education publishing strategy in line with Cengage revenue and profitability targets.
- Work with Sales and Marketing function to produce clear marketing strategies and tactics for assigned areas of the list.
Reporting and Team Building
- Report regularly on product and market developments to the Higher and Vocational Education Publisher.
- Deliver presentations to appropriate functional areas within Cengage EMEA and to appropriate external bodies and stakeholders.
The post-holder will report to the Head of Strategic Marketing – Higher Education and Vocational, and will be based in our Andover, Hampshire offices.
The Strategic Marketing Manager will manage a portfolio of Cengage Learning’s high profile Higher Education (HE) products in order to achieve revenue growth within Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). This role will devise, plan and implement the strategic marketing plans for the product portfolios. We have two roles available, both maternity cover contracts for approximately 9-12 months.
Working closely with the ELT Editorial team and in liaison with editorial, sales, marketing and suppliers, this role will ensure key ELT EMEA projects are produced on time, to budget and to specification
Basic purpose: To promote key Cengage Learning products and solutions in Higher Education institutions in the assigned sales territory to maximize revenue and achieve agreed annual sales goal, through all channels but primarily through direct sales of new print and digital adoptions to institutions and academics.
The Publisher provides strategic leadership for all aspects of the publishing programme for the National Geographic Learning (NGL) British global ELT publishing list, including prioritising resources and investments, ensuring market research and key customer engagement, interfacing with internal regional and global stakeholders, and planning and executing a 3-5 year publishing plan. This position leads a team of editors and freelancers to develop and manage the portfolio, including P&L responsibility, and represents NGL interests externally, including author management.