Team and list support
- Providing support to the publishing team, being a key point of contact for authors and for other departments including Production, Sales and Marketing
- Liaising with authors as and when directed by line manager or the List Manager and Publisher
- To ensure that new titles and solutions are set up correctly and promptly in Cengage systems in accordance with internal title master guidelines and set up and to provide appropriate support to ensure that administrative procedures are followed which will include the appropriate construction of author and contributor contracts
- Help provide information and data on educational standards and syllabi, build information on target markets, learning and assessment needs and markets.
- Market test proposals by commissioning reviews from academics in the relevant market sector to provide effective and timely feedback
- Conducting general market research as required, including analysing current market provision, tracking student numbers in relevant market sectors and keeping abreast of competitor activity
- Occasionally attending conferences or other meetings as required to promote our product range and to maintain our profile in the market
- Liaising with authors as and when directed by the List Manager and Publisher
- Assisting with the research and preparing of cost and revenue forecasts for new solutions and offerings
- Obtaining and preparing reports on reviews of competitor products
- Helping to prepare validation documentation prior to validation meetings and assist with the preparation of author and contributor contracts and agreements following validation
- Organising the assignment of ISBNs to validated titles in line with company title set up guidelines and systems
- Preparing cover design briefs and back-cover blurbs
- Liaising with the relevant staff in Marketing to ensure briefs and blurbs are as up-to-date as possible and product information is fed through to appropriate systems
- Liaising directly with authors in relation to projects being managed
Ensuring prompt delivery of projects assigned
Liaising with and informing production about assigned projects
Transmitting assigned projects to production and overseeing them through the production process
Liaising with authors of assigned projects about ancillary material to enhance the sales potential of the project where appropriate
Assisting with the development work on digital products including accurate and timely completion of required grids and product input
Ensuring that the Publisher or List Manager is aware of the development progress of all assigned projects
- Providing accurate and timely product information to the Publishing, Sales, Marketing, Development and Production teams as required
- Attending relevant internal meetings as suggested by the List Manager and Publisher to keep abreast of progress and developments in the Company, e.g. production meetings
- Logging inspection copy feedback
- Keeping IPS and other systems up to date
- Working with the Publishing Assistant to ensure payment of reviewers and author/contributor advances and fees is kept up-to-date and that derivative and author agreements are distributed per internal guidelines
- Organising meetings/travel arrangements, taking meeting notes as appropriate
- Working with the Publishing Assistant on coding invoices and maintaining records on relevant Cengage systems
- Carrying out other duties as required to support the work of the HE Publishing team
The post holder will be expected to work with colleagues in the Higher and Vocational Education Publishing team, including Custom Publishing, Marketing, Finance, Digital Solutions, Sales, both internal and field sales, and Production.
The post holder will be expected to work with Authors, rights holders, external bodies including professional associations, lecturers, and learning and teaching technologists.
The post holder may be required to travel both within the UK and throughout Europe to meet with authors and for conferences where appropriate and advised by the List Manager or Publisher.