- Work with the Higher and Vocational Education Publisher to identify target market opportunities and commission innovative, quality products that meet the market needs and, where applicable, offer added or unique value to give Cengage EMEA Ltd a competitive edge within the list area.
- Work with the Higher and Vocational Education Publisher to present business cases for investment funding to the Validation Committee in late autumn each year. Prepare validation documentation for new titles and new editions ensuring that the validation committee has the essential information needed to make a publishing decision including appropriate pricing tactics and strategy to improve chances of success as measured by revenue and profitability targets.
- Negotiate comprehensive and equitable agreements with authors in a timely fashion soon after successful validation.
- Work with Production, Sales and Marketing functions and monitor franchise sales to help decision making and to support the drive to meeting Cengage revenue and profitability targets.
- Working with the HE Publishing team in ensuring rights management and permissions clearance obligations are kept up to date, recorded in appropriate company required databases and in line with Cengage policy.
- Negotiate with copyright holders for the inclusion of additional material as deemed desirable.
- Monitor the accuracy of IPS or similar records to ensure ongoing projects are managed on time and to budget.
- Project manage and oversee assigned projects in the list, ensuring they are published on time and to budget.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing function to ensure successful launch of new products.
- Monitor and feedback to the Higher and Vocational Education Publisher and the wider Publishing team on critical success factors identified from market research against content submissions throughout the writing process.
- Work with and liaise with Production over handover dates, text features and production queries.
- Attend sales and other conferences as appropriate to represent the list and Cengage publishing.
- Work with the Publishers to ensure that projects are efficiently managed to be delivered on time and on budget, to ensure that appropriate resourcing is secured to meet deadlines and targets and that projects are efficiently and equitably distributed amongst the team.
- Work with the Head of Higher and Vocational Education and Higher and Vocational Education Publisher to help develop capacity within the EMEA HE team to develop indigenous digital products.
Sales and Marketing
- Undertake appropriate market analysis to identify new opportunities and to assess new proposals within the list.
- Visit institutions and relevant organisations to develop and maintain knowledge of the market.
- Attend conferences and other meetings to promote Cengage products and to maintain an understanding of market needs within the list.
- Keep up-to-date with key developments within the market place, which could improve the success and profitability of Cengage titles within the list.
- Revisit publications in the list on a regular cycle and analyse actual performance against initial plans, forecasts and objectives.
- Feed market, product and competitive knowledge into on-going list management strategy.
Reporting and Team Building
- Provide accurate and timely information to the sales and marketing function on new product as required.
- Attend relevant internal and external meetings to ensure company-wide communication of ideas and product development.
- Assist and take the lead, as appropriate, in presenting product in the list at Sales Conferences.
- Work with sales representatives to learn more about market needs and to actively support their activity.
- Work closely with the Production function to ensure that new product in the list has the appropriate design and format and that changes are communicated early.
- Liaise closely with the Sales and Marketing function to ensure that they have all the essential information to publicise and sell Cengage EMEA products.K
Internal: Publishing, Sales, Marketing, Production
External: Authors, Copyright holders and Customers
- Attend conferences related to the discipline area and travel to meet authors and customers as appropriate.
- Authorisation of T&E expenses and associated approval through Concur.
- Authorisation of invoices up to $5,000